Southern Region Officials for 2015 Regionals and Nationals
2015 Southern Regional Officials
Chief Judge: Kirby Whetsel
Assistant Chief Judge: Ray Crenshaw
Judges: Jazmine Mosely
Chief Driver: Ham Wallace
Drivers: Lyman Hardy
Chief Scorer: Elaine Guarino
Scorers: Jeanette Van Akelijen
Chief Safety: Leon Larson
Asst Safety: Kim Bryans
2015 National Officials
Judges: Bob Schouten
Scorers: Jeff Clark
Drivers: Lyman Hardy
NOTICE OF 2013 SANCTIONING AND DRIVER PROGRAM CHANGES
SANCTIONING CHANGES: Effective 1/1/2013, all boat drivers who tow skiers in USA Water Ski‐sanctioned events must be current USA Water Ski Trained Boat Drivers or sport discipline‐rated drivers. This includes USA Water Ski‐sanctioned practices and exhibitions sanctioned through the club’s “Members‐Only” section of USA Water Ski’s Web site and those sanctioned in conjunction with a tournament.
• How does my club sanction its club practices and exhibitions?
To apply for a Practice and/or Exhibition sanction, simply click on the “member login” link and login using your club’s membership number and password. Once logged in, click on the “Practice & Exhibition Sanctioning” link from the navigational menu on the left‐hand side of the page and follow the on‐screen instructions. Contact USA Water Ski at 1‐800‐533‐2972 with questions regarding sanctioning.
DRIVER PROGRAM CHANGES
• Aspiring Drivers: All aspiring USA Water Ski Trained Boat Drivers and sport‐discipline drivers are required to submit and pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Review and successfully complete both written and practical testing to attain a new driver rating.
• USA Water Ski Trained Boat Drivers and Sport Discipline‐rated Drivers Who Received Their Driver Rating before April 1, 2012: Beginning 1/1/2013, all drivers who received their rating prior to April 1, 2012, must submit to and pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Review before 12/31/2013, and every two (2) years thereafter, as part of their quantitative requirements to renew their driver rating. USA Water Ski will send an e‐mail reminder to all affected drivers in 2013. Drivers who wish to complete their MVR Review prior to being notified may follow the instructions provided below.
• How to Purchase and Authorize a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Review:
• Click here to log into your “Members‐Only” section of USA Water Ski’s Web site using your
membership number and password • Click on the “Drivers’ Programs” link from the navigational menu on the left‐hand side of the page • Click on the “Purchase and Authorize a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Review” link and follow the instructions to pay the $12.50 screening fee
• Click on the link provided on your payment receipt to go to USA Water Ski’s screening agency’s Web site to submit your authorization Typically it takes two to three business days for the results to be returned to USA Water Ski. The screening agency will only notify the applicant if they fail the review. Upon successfully passing the review, USA Water Ski will post the MVR Review dates on the driver’s record which can be viewed by logging into your “Members‐Only” section using your membership number and password and clicking on the “My Officials’ Ratings” link.
• How do I become a USA Water Ski Trained Boat Driver?
Please refer to USA Water Ski’s Trained Boat Driver Program Description for details. Contact Melanie Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, Ext. 115, with questions regarding officials programs.